Saturday, May 29, 2010

Text messages from the bus...

All are text messages I've received from Hannah since yesterday....(this is her mom)

"One girl said, "I've had a nervous stomach ache the whole time", ha! I'm that much farther adjusted than they are so its good. Guest house is great, ac and all."

"Just sat down in the craziest bus ride, scared to death, scary place with all men, stomach going crazy, long day ahead. Pray hard."

"Here's a good picture to make you smile...4 very white little girls staring off into the distance scared to death."

"We're packed in a bus like sardines, there are baboons on the side of the road, they call it the third world for a reason. Thank the Lord you taught me how to squat, and I think we just ate baboon meat. Each minute is a new overwhelm."

"This ride is like flying into Naples but then driving to Berlin cause that's where you live...and it stinks, reeks, like India, I bet."

"It's been 2 days and I've decided there is nothing magical or dreamy about the third world..."

"Shudder. Probably in the long run, a good experience though, yeah? Walk a mile in Brook's shoes..."

"Daddy, I thought of you today, we were in the bus and the radio was on and all of a sudden the Lion King theme song came on and I was like, "whaaaaaaatttttt?" too funny. Also saw my first elephant today. Love you"

"Made it safely to our first stop, Mbeya. Having dinner now, staying in a home which is a blessing and comforting....... Just grossed out, tired and scared to go to sleep for fear of lack of sleep. Pray, pray, pray."

"Only about 6 hours of travel today and I slept straight through to our alarm, praise the Lord! Our whole team is finally together now too, everyone is feeling homesick, was able to talk to one of the girls I've bonded a little with about it, we feel the same."

"Scott's gonna be great. Yup, you sung me to sleep and it calmed my mind and and my body. We are heading to second bus."

3 comments:

  1. Love it.

    Han, I think that elephant was God's little gift to you. Say hi to all the Ramesses for me :)

    (I didn't see any wild life in Uganda- lucky duck!)

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." John 14:26,27

    "So have no fear of them, for nothing is covered that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known. What I tell you in the dark, say in the light, and what you hear whispered, proclaim on the housetops. And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. Matthew 10:26-31

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah. How fun to be riding along and pass an elephant, not to mention the other beasts. Glad you have found some friends-should make it easier to become adjusted. Is it very hot over there? Or is it just like Texas at 98 in May? Love from Buela

    ReplyDelete